Excellent resources for risk (and GRC) professionals
Two fine organizations* provide some excellent materials for the risk professional (which are also useful for other so-called GRC professionals, such as auditors and compliance officers). These are the:
- Open Compliance and Ethics Group (OCEG), whose site is www.oceg.org
- The Institute of Risk Management (IRM), who are at www.theirm.org
Let me point you to some of the resources that they provide for free:
- The OCEG Red Book provides guidance for implementing effective processes in the area of GRC, including a definition of that topic
- OCEG’s Illustrated Series - graphics that can be used in executive presentations, etc.
- IRM’s ‘A Structured Approach to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and the Requirements of ISO 31000′
You might also enjoy the Risk Management Professional magazine.
Basic membership in OCEG is free, and the regular membership in these organizations would be a good investment for any professional – or consultant, for that matter.
*By way of full disclosure, both organizations have honored me by making me a Fellow. I am grateful for the recognition – but assure you it has not influenced me in supporting and recommending membership, because I believe they both provide great value.