Does your crisis response plan consider social media?
Every company, every organization, faces the public and community every minute of every day on social media. That is where many people will look to see how you respond to and handle adverse events – and where your customers and influencers of your customers will share their views and opinions.
Have you included in your crisis response plan how and when you will respond in social media?
Consider the lessons of Carnival Cruise Corp, described vividly in this article.
Does everybody who needs to act understand how to act? Can you afford to wait 6 days (as in the story) before addressing the issue?
How will you get the information to the right people, in a timely fashion, so they can respond appropriately? Don’t forget you need to notify and train everybody, from the board to the first-line employee and even your extended enterprise!
What will you do if somebody within your organization posts inaccurate of inappropriate comments?
What will you do if you are slammed with a volume of negative comments, even outright lies?
How will you monitor the effectiveness of your crisis response?
Recent Posts on this Blog
- Is a new maturity model for GRC the right model? September 25, 2016
- The Wells Fargo “Staff Scam”: More questions and fewer answers September 16, 2016
- The astonishing Wells Fargo fraud September 10, 2016
- Leading an effective information security capability September 4, 2016
- Have your provided comments on the COSO ERM draft? August 31, 2016
- How to do your internal audit risk assessment August 27, 2016
- Do techies really understand cyber risk? August 20, 2016
- Continuing to learn about culture from Toyota August 13, 2016
- The danger of an arrogant board August 7, 2016
- The Board and Technology: Questions to ask the management team July 31, 2016
- IIA Insights on Internal Audit Effectiveness July 22, 2016
- Deloitte predicts change for Internal Audit July 20, 2016
- Risk and Opportunity Management July 2, 2016
- Risk reporting to the Board June 26, 2016
- We need to review and provide feedback on the COSO ERM Exposure Draft June 19, 2016
- Fraud, Abuse, and Corruption September 26, 2016
- Reconsidering the Board: Its Composition and Oversight of Management September 19, 2016
- Time for the Board to Take a Deep Dive Into Risk Management and Risks September 12, 2016
- Oversight of the External Auditor September 6, 2016
- Signs of a Failing Board August 29, 2016
- Contrasting Comments on Internal Audit From a CAE and a Consultant August 23, 2016
- Asking the Tough Questions About Internal Audit August 15, 2016
- When Risk Management Fails August 8, 2016
- An Internal Audit Ambition Model August 1, 2016
- Understanding and Assessing Governance Risk July 25, 2016