Does your crisis response plan consider social media?
Every company, every organization, faces the public and community every minute of every day on social media. That is where many people will look to see how you respond to and handle adverse events – and where your customers and influencers of your customers will share their views and opinions.
Have you included in your crisis response plan how and when you will respond in social media?
Consider the lessons of Carnival Cruise Corp, described vividly in this article.
Does everybody who needs to act understand how to act? Can you afford to wait 6 days (as in the story) before addressing the issue?
How will you get the information to the right people, in a timely fashion, so they can respond appropriately? Don’t forget you need to notify and train everybody, from the board to the first-line employee and even your extended enterprise!
What will you do if somebody within your organization posts inaccurate of inappropriate comments?
What will you do if you are slammed with a volume of negative comments, even outright lies?
How will you monitor the effectiveness of your crisis response?
Recent Posts on this Blog
- The risk of material errors in the quarterly financial statements March 10, 2017
- Is your compliance program strong enough? March 4, 2017
- Embedding risk into strategic planning and more February 25, 2017
- Cyber and reputation risk are dominoes February 18, 2017
- The current state of risk management February 11, 2017
- When an acceptable level of risk is not acceptable February 4, 2017
- How to mess up your risk management program January 28, 2017
- The value of a risk register January 21, 2017
- Risk in the Fourth Dimension January 15, 2017
- How much cyber risk should an organization take? January 7, 2017
- The real risks: the ones not in the typical list of top risks December 31, 2016
- An expert shares his views on the future of risk management December 18, 2016
- Selecting software to help manage user access risk December 17, 2016
- User access risk and SOX compliance December 12, 2016
- Risk and Culture December 9, 2016
- The Idea of a Unified Risk Oversight Council March 10, 2017
- The Integration of Governance, Risk, Compliance, and Related Activities March 6, 2017
- Cybersecurity Effectiveness February 27, 2017
- Cyber Root Cause Alarm Bells Are Ringing February 20, 2017
- Reports That Provide Actionable Information February 14, 2017
- What Is Holding the Company Back? February 6, 2017
- Do Internal Audit Reports Matter? February 1, 2017
- Monitoring Laws and Regulations and Their Effect on Your Organization January 24, 2017
- An Important Cyberrisk Framework January 16, 2017
- Deloitte Shares a List of "Risk" Trends to Watch in 2017 and Beyond January 9, 2017