Great Risk and Assurance Conferences
I am looking forward to participating in some fine conferences for risk management, audit, and IT security professionals over the next few months.
Will you join me at one of more of these?
IIA Australia’s SOPAC Conference will be held in Sydney from the 4th to the 7th of March. I will be moderating CAE roundtable sessions on a variety of topics.
Sessions I am looking forward to include:
- A session on ‘technology empowerment’ from the Managing Director of Google Enterprise
- A keynote on “Handling the manipulative, backstabbing office psychopath” by a psychologist
- An explanation of risk appetite by Grant Purdy, one of the luminaries among risk practitioners
IIA San Jose’s Spring Seminar on March 22nd. I will be speaking on “Risk Based Audits of Governance”.
The RIMS Annual Conference and Exhibition will be in Philadelphia from April 15th through the 18th. I will be on a panel discussing the various risk management standards. Other sessions of interest include:
- “10 Easy Steps to Implement ERM”
- “Exploring Risk Appetite and Tolerance”
- “Five Ways Risk Professionals Can Impress the C-Suite”
- “Strategic Risk Management: Improving Your Organization’s Chances for Success”
- “Hey Hacker, Get Off of My Cloud!”
At the ISACA Los Angeles Spring Conference, which is from April 16th through the 18th, I will be speaking on:
- “Managing Risks at the Speed of Business”, and
- “Auditing Risk Management”
The Institute of Risk Management will hold its annual Professional Development Forum in Manchester (UK) from the 23rd to the 25th of April. I will be speaking about radical changes in technology and how they affect us, but I am also looking forward to these sessions:
- Culture, risk and risk management
- Risks surrounding decision-making
- Perceptions of ISO31000 and future initiatives
- Managing the multiple dimensions of risk
Will you be at one of these? Can you recommend other events for risk and assurance professionals?
By the way, I try (not always successfully) to keep up a list of my upcoming speaking engagements on my Events page.